Friday, September 2, 2016

"Recipe Round-Up -- Cajun Deviled Eggs"

A local restaurant serves Creole deviled eggs.  I checked my spice cabinet, but no Creole seasoning.  Then, I discovered that I have “Hot & Spicy Cajun Style Spice Blend.”  The blend contains salt, garlic, onion, chili, black pepper, sugar, paprika, red bell peppers, chives, celery seed, coriander, parsley, oregano, and ginger – whew!

This moved me in an acceptable direction.  I did a quick web search and found a recipe for “Cajun Deviled Eggs.” I made a small batch (6 eggs) following the spirit of the recipe (spice blend, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard).  I improvised with the spice blend.  The trick is to avoid overloading the recipe with the spice blend … a hit or miss proposition.

Picture Credit:  www.raggedyscrappin.com/fpdb/images/primrecipecardtemplate.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to offer suggestions for improving the LFBC Good Works Ministry blog.